IDS mailing list archives

Re: SOHO Hardware IDS

From: Mark Teicher <mteicher () comcast net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:17:42 -0700

Ron,

Nice speaking to you the other day.

As the previous poster pointed out that the Fortinet Fortigate appliance is a nice box.. The real nice feature is the in-line Anti-Virus blocking. The IDS/IPS is mostly Sn0rt based with a few custom signatures of their own The log output can be downloaded in .csv format or normal log format, whatever that is. The output of the logs is not in Sn0rt format, only English-like

The notifications are still primitive as shown below:

The following instrusion was observed: attack_id=110 src=135.122.44.141 dst=135.122.51.75 src_port=88 dst_port=1963 interface=port1 status=dropped proto=017 service=1963/udp msg="IP fragment " The following intrusion was observed: netbios: DCERPC ISystemActivator bind attempt[Reference: http://www.fortinet.com/ids/ID102039574] Interface-port2: TCP 135.123.23.188:2793 -> 135.122.51.75:135 .