IDS mailing list archives

Re: SOHO Hardware IDS

From: dr.kaos <dr.kaos () kaos to>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:23:25 -0500

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 08:04 AM, boutros () swissonline ch wrote:

Hi all,

I am curious if there exists a SOHO-type hardware device with the functionality of the Snort IDS. I know I could build a cheap Linux box, but I am looking for something small and quieter than a PC....

TIA,
Boutros

Check out Pretty Red Star at http://www.prettyredstar.com

These guys (a partner of ours) are a small, Atlanta, Georgia US based consultancy that produce firewall, IDS, and VPN devices for SOHO environments utilizing OpenBSD on tiny, fan-less boxes. Their IDS product is Snort-based, and they've developed their own PHP web interfaces for management of firewall, IDS, and VPN configuration, rules, etc.

Cheers,
--
L. Taylor Banks, CISSP
Founder / Co-CEO

+1 (877) 895-9755
+1 (404) 304-7398 - Cell
taylor () thinkingRED com

PGP-Key-ID: 0x822203B4
PGP-Key: http://www.thinkingred.com/taylor.asc

Network with over 10,000 of the brightest minds in information security
at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry event of the year.
Don't miss RSA Conference 2004! Choose from over 200 class sessions and
see demos from more than 250 industry vendors. If your job touches
security, you need to be here. Learn more or register at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/RSA_focus-ids_031023 and use priority code SF4.