IDS mailing list archives

RE: ISS RealSecure/SiteProtector or another IDS/firewall client?

From: "Jack Whitsitt (jofny)" <seclists () violating us>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:22:19 -0500 (EST)

I have to say...

Right now Im sitting around an ISS Site Protector console with 2 other analysts and, for the
life of us, we cannot get it to give us the information we need - much less quickly or easily.
We're all fairly experienced across a number of IDS platforms.  Whatever the engine does (or
other features), if you can't actually access the information you need in the format you need
it...those features are useless. With so many better products available (Intrushield, Dragon,
Snort/Sourcefire), I couldn't recommend ISS to anyone.

But thats just my experience.

-jofny