IDS mailing list archives

RE: Symantec Manhunt

From: "Fergus Brooks" <fergusb () evolve-online com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:26:55 +0800

My understanding - and the goalposts seem to have moved around on
this a bit, is what Edward described below - they are also in the
process of glueing the whole lot together using an event management
system that plugs into their SESA framework.

With this you will be able to correlate events from Manhunt (NIDS)
Symantec Host IDS (HIDS) Decoy Server (DIDS), compare them to actual
Bugtraq reports (hence why they acquired Security Focus) and act on
them accordingly.

One of the reasons for all the name changes is to avoid confuion
about what is SESAed and what isn't.

They are still selling Intruder Alert for HIDS - I believe this is
because there are a lot of clients who run it who are not interested
in moving to the SESA framework just yet. So ITA and SHIDS are the
only real overlapping products.

All the best - regards...