IDS mailing list archives

Intrusion prevention and dDos protection

From: Darren Windham <dwindham () dallastelco org>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:16:48 -0500

I recently had the chance to meet with the guys over at Melior and talk
about their iSecure platform.  Has anyone else taken a look at it?  I was
pleasantly suprised at its performance.  I ran most of the common scanners
on both Linux and Windows platforms and had no such luck with it.  I can
only hope that more products like this make it to the mainstream
marketplace.  If you are looking for a IPS/dDos prevention I'd make sure you
take a good look at these guys.

I'd love to hear feedback from others who have looked at this or other
similar products.

Check them out at http://www.meliorinc.com

Regards,

Darren Windham
Network Administrator, Dallas Telco FCU
email: dwindham () dallastelco org <mailto:dwindham () dallastelco org>

Disclaimer: The information contained in this email is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the person identified as the recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or taking of any action in reliance on the contents is prohibited. If you
received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and
dispose of the contents in a secure manner.

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training), October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner,
VA; the world’s premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symanetc is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6 Visit: www.blackhat.com