IDS mailing list archives

RE: Intrusion prevention and dDos protection

From: "Rob Shein" <shoten () starpower net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:26:22 -0400

I would hasten to point out that there isn't anything you can buy that will
give you DDos protection.  While a firewall/IPS is like a security guard at
the entrance to a building to keep bad people out, a DDos attack is like so
many bad people trying to get into the building that they choke the streets
leading up to it; nothing you can put in your building will deal with that
congestion or prevent it.