IDS mailing list archives

Re: Top IPS vendors - please read for invitation to Network World review.

From: Ron Gula <rgula () tenablesecurity com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:33:07 -0400

Hello there,

- SANA Security should also be added to the list. (http://www.sanasecurity.com/)
- Dragon Squire (http://dragon.enterasys.com) also has a bunch of intrusion
  prevention and deceptive services features.

Ron Gula, CTO
Tenable Network Security
http://www.tenablesecurity.com

At 05:41 PM 8/26/2003 -0700, Andrew Plato wrote:
>What I am very interested in would be a good list of Host Intrusion
>Prevention Systems - it's something I've been meaning to tackle for
some
>time for inclusion on the site, some are on my Host IDS page
.......I've
>been concentrating on providing salient details on security training
courses
>recently sadly letting IDS and scanners slip.

Well...

Host IPS:

Cisco Secure Agent (formerly Okena Stormwatch)
Sygate
RealSecure Desktop Protection (formerly BLackICE)
RealSecure Server Sensor
Entercept
eEye Secure IIS

Uhhhh, that's all I can think of right now. There are plenty of others.
Those are the biggies. Netscreen used to have a host IPS, does that
still exist?

Andrew Plato, CISSP
President/Principal Consultant
Anitian Enterprise Security

503-644-5656 Office
503-644-8574 Fax
503-201-0821 Mobile
www.anitian.com

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training), October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world’s premier technical IT security event. Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors. Symanetc is the Diamond sponsor. Early-bird registration ends September 6 Visit: www.blackhat.com