IDS mailing list archives

Re: Top IPS vendors - please read for invitation to Network World review.

From: "Andy Cuff [Talisker]" <talisker () networkintrusion co uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:16:27 +0100

Hi Joel
Just what the doctor ordered !! I did some work on Network IPS which used to
be termed as Inline IDS last year, however it is becoming dated and needs
revisiting
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/inline.htm  I think you'll find that
within the next quarter there will be very few of the major IDS vendors that
haven't gone inline.  I'll contact you offlist with one that is going that
way imminently.

What I am very interested in would be a good list of Host Intrusion
Prevention Systems - it's something I've been meaning to tackle for some
time for inclusion on the site, some are on my Host IDS page .......I've
been concentrating on providing salient details on security training courses
recently sadly letting IDS and scanners slip.

So please share your information on what IPS exist both Host and Network as
people contact you and I'll update my site making the information available
to all.

take care
-andy

Taliskers Network Security Tools
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk

Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications
Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies
**FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
Visit us at: http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/31.htm