IDS mailing list archives

Where is Ron Gula? (was "Changes in IDS Companies?")

From: Kevin Jones <kjmjones () yahoo com>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 16:41:38 -0000

Samuel Cure wrote:

Just noticing some changes with some known IDS companies and wanted some
feedback from the community. Because Marcus Ranum left NFR earlier this
year and Ron Gula has left Enterasys Networks, I am questioning the future
of some early-on IDS companies.

Maybe I missed the formal announcement, but...

Can anyone confirm / deny that Ron Gula has in fact left Enterasys?

I have to ask, following rumors & denials earlier in the year about this
on the Dragon IDS mail list, dated from late June:

Now that Ron Gula has left Enterasys, what does the future hold for
Dragon?  Does anyone have a concern about that?

Response from Randy Taylor, Enterasys Networks:
I would if Ron had actually left Enterasys. Fact is he hasn't.

There hasn't been any mention of him on the Dragon list (or post from him)
in many months...
SO, where in the world is Ron Gula?? And, what does it mean for Dragon if
he is gone?

Curious,

Kevin Jones