IDS mailing list archives

Distributed Scans

From: "Steve Zenone" <Zenone () cats ucsc edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:49:47 -0800

Folks,

Straying a bit from traditional IDS, momentarily, and
moving into the realm of conducting system scans so as
to detect potential risks that can be exploited, I have
a question:

In particular, do any of you know of any pre-existing
tools that would take the results from scans of a
distributed environment (e.g., using Nessus on a class
B) that can then have reports generated for particular
zones, or subnets, and can be delivered via https or email
to authorized/authenticated users for the particular
zones or subnet(s)?

Again, my scanning tool of choice is Nessus and I'm
currently working through the issues of being able to
generated reports for various admins across our distributed
environment most efficiently.

Thanks in advance for any insight and help!

Regards,
Steve