Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPv6

From: Darren Reed <darren.reed () oracle com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 12:40:39 +1100

Dave Piscitello wrote:
Few organizations can deploy security measures for IPv6 today that are
equivalent to what they have today with IPv4 across the board. And so
far as I can tell from surveys and inquiries, (1) very few people are
willing to make this trade off and (2) vendors are unwilling to
implement IPv6 in this lame economy without a strong indication that
they'll get a return on investment from the effort.

That is the point of why it needs to be someone like the US Government
and/or DoD saying "be available by IPv6 or you will get no work." It'll
force their all of suppliers/contractors to go to their vendors saying
"We need IPv6 capable stuff on the Internet. If you can't supply us, we
will go to someone who can/will."

Darren