Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Gartner as usual..

From: "Potter, Albert (Al)" <apotter () icsalabs com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:58:05 +0000

Who's shopping for their first firewall?

Unfortunately, all too many companies, many of whom have been booted
into action by things like PCI, HIPPA, et al, and are now having to
implement the bare minimum mandated measures.

So yes, when the external mandate says "go get a firewall", a LOT of
folks are now looking at them for the first time, and they do not know
what they're doing.

Yes, it's a sorry state of affairs, but it's also one that in my
experience a lot of us hard core security geeks who have been doing this
for years loose sight of.

AL