Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Netgear FVS318 v1 Firmware 2.4 VPN to Cisco ASA

From: "Lordsporkton" <lordsporkton () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 09:02:30 -0700

Out of curiousity, how did you deal with the srcid and dstid?

Last I worked on a Netgear FVS318 it wanted to use name based IDs for the
VPN, and I have never been able to get named based vpns to work on a cisco
router.

Would you mind posting up both sides of this config if you have found a way
to do this?

As far as your question:

Is one end on a dynamic IP?

Are you using a range or a network on the FVS side when you define
interesting traffic?

Is PFS turned on, on either side? I remember the FVS turning it on by
default and the cisco turning it off by default.