Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Security Manager clone?

From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick () zill net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 17:54:44 -0400

Mike Davis wrote:

Does anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware application that will allow me to monitor and make global config changes without having to SSH to each one? The ability to segregate into groups and manage based upon groups would certainly be a plus as well but not a requirement.

Thanks in advance!

*Mike Davis*

I have heard of Rancid for one. Separately I would say that your favorite scripting language plus a few hours of work would be able to produce a template-based setup that could regenerate all the configs for you, and a makefile that determined when the config changed, then ssh'ed the file to the Cisco, would do the trick.

--Patrick