Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Security Manager clone?

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 07:22:11 -0400

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Mike Davis <mdavis () gsp net> wrote:
This is my first posting so be gentle ;-)

No problem.  Seems like every couple years somebody asks this very
question.  I can't say that there's been much consensus around the
answers, either.

Does anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware
application that will allow me to monitor and make global config changes
without having to SSH to each one?  The ability to segregate into groups and
manage based upon groups would certainly be a plus as well but not a
requirement.

I know of a commercial product on its way to market that may
(eventually?) do this. But that's no help to you. So I'm sort of a
jerk for mentioning it.

You might try Net-Sense Automater [sic].  http://www.net-sense.com/

It's not free, but I believe there's still a trial download and it's a
whole lot cheaper than CSM.  A whole lot less robust, also.

PaulM