Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Edge appliance (firewall) that filters/monitors/records instant messenger?

From: jseymour () linxnet com (Jim Seymour)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:39:00 -0500 (EST)

Victor Williams <bwilliam13 () windstream net> wrote:

I am looking at different technologies to address the constant and
ever-changing instant messenger issue.
[snip]

I simply identify the server(s) and block them out-right.  What with
HTTP tunneling, there's really no other way.

Management has stated that IM of some kind is required for certain
employees who are separated by a continent to save on long-distance
phone usage until VoIP can be fully realized/utilized.
[snip]

Run your own Jabber server.  Problem solved.

Regards,
Jim
--
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/contact/scform.php>.