Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: 10Gb Firewalls

From: "Darden, Patrick S." <darden () armc org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:41:59 -0400

Cisco Catalyst 6500 with two FWSM's should do it for you, with two more FWSM's it can handle 20Gbps (supposedly).
Product overview:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2706/ps4452/prod_bulletin0900aecd80630a8e_ps2706_Products_Bulletin.html

"The FWSM for Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series Switches and Cisco 7600 Series Routers is a high-performance, integrated
stateful inspection firewall with application and protocol inspection engines, providing 5.5 Gbps of throughput;
100,000 connections per second; and one million concurrent connections."

Ask your vendor for a demo unit to test with to see if it meets your needs.  I've got three of them (cat 6500s), and
love them dearly, but I have done no throughput tests.

--Patrick Darden