Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: fwtk users?

From: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi () balabit hu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:24:43 +0100

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 08:12 -0500, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
I wonder if there are still many people who use TIS fwtk and/or old
Gauntlet source license. If you do, please drop me a line describing
your environment and requirements, as i have some replacement code ;-)

I'm not necessarily recommending "Arkanoid"'s replacement, but if
there ARE any people still using the old fwtk code, I'd suggest that
you replace it.

I recently discovered a number of issues with the code using an
automated software security tester - see:
http://www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/editorials/codetools
Quite the interesting experience, to say the least. While the review I
performed identified a number of issues they would by fairly easy to
fix. I'm not doing it, though.

I've read your article, it's really amusing, but let me ask, which
version of syslog-ng did you start sourceanalyzer on? Was it the old
1.6.x, or the 2.0.x branch?

--
Bazsi