Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: rule uid in log of CheckPoint

From: "Jon Sabo" <jonathan.sabo () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:31:06 -0400

The rule_uid is new in NGX and its supposed to be a unique identifier that
does not change.  The rule numbers change over time the rule_uid does not.

On 10/24/06, Eliezer M <eliezer.medved () gmail com> wrote:

Hi ,

I extract log of my checkpoint firewall by fwm logexport command .

On one firewall (NGX R60) I recieve the field "rule_uid" that I need .
But on another (NGX R55) there is no "rule_uid" in extracted log .

What can I do to see rule_uid in logexport output ?

May be it depend by rulebase_uid_in_log property in objects.C ?
How can I set this property . ?

Thank you
Eliezer