Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VPN question

From: "Chris Wargaski" <cwargaski () rmstsi com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:35:47 -0600

Bernadette--

   This very well might be a problem with the VPN server at the client's office, or some hiccup at your location. You
should pin-point that right away.

   If your client's firm is using a PIX, some of the clients may be using the Cisco VPN client. Can you find out if
they all use the MS built-in VPN client or if there is a mix?

   It would also be good to know if they can:
1) ping their default gateway when everything is working fine
2) ping their default gateway when they lose the VPN/Internet connectivity
3) ping something on the Internet (say, www.trusecure.com) when everything is working fine
4) ping something on the Internet when there is an outage

cjw