Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Integrated IDS/IPS/Firewall (Cisco ASA and Juniper ISG)

From: jseymour () linxnet com (Jim Seymour)
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:19:02 -0400 (EDT)

"Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com> wrote:

Devdas Bhagat wrote:
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

OK, so we need to come up with a good "sith name" for me. :)

"Darth That-Which-Is-Not-Explicitly-Allowed-Is-Denied?"  "Darth
Application-Proxy?"  "Darth Plug-Proxy?"  "Darth No-Bull?"  (Do the
Sith have Coats of Arms?  If so, with that last one, your Coat of Arms
could be that international "No Bullshit" [squatting bull with the
slash though it] sign.  Suitably Sith-ified, of course.) ;)

This notion that security is a matter of degree is accurate in the large
but inaccurate in the small. Unfortunately, we're all dealing with the
small.

I must be Sith, as well.  I figure it's either secure [*] or it's not.

[*] TTBOMK

Jim
--
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.