Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IPS vs. Firewalls

From: Kevin <kkadow () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:11:50 -0600

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
]  I particularly got a chuckle out of Intruvert's (now NAI)
] claim that they protect against encrypted attacks. I needed some yuks
] to lighten up my morning!!

Actually, Intruvert, Blue Coat, and a number of other vendors now have
products which do MITM for SSL connections, assuming you have enough
control over one endpoint to force it to accept your bogus root certificate.

Scary stuff.