Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Pix 501 & 506 PixOS 7.0 compatability

From: "Jimmy Sadri" <jimmys () myesn com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:12:03 -0700

Hi all,

        Does anyone on this list know if Cisco
is ever planning a 7.0 release for the 501 and 506
Pix hardware?  I was a Beta tester for 7.0 when it
was in the Beta stage and when I asked them about it
(back in March) they said that there would be support
for the 501 and 506 in a follow on release but they
didn't say when.  I was wondering if anyone has any
info on when or if this will ever happen?

Jimmy Sadri  CISSP, CCSP, CCNP, MCSE, MCSA
Network Engineer
Network Security Analyst
CBK Instructor
Consultant