Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Pix VPN endpoint and split-tunnel

From: Victor Williams <vbwilliams () neb rr com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:50:24 -0500

I might add though that at least with the ASA 5520 (the closest thing to a PIX 515E unrestricted) you will it about $300 more than the PIX...and you get OS 7 (with more stuff than is available on the PIX OS 7) and gig copper interfaces everywhere.

To answer the original question, although I haven't tried it yet, I believe the ASA units will do what you want.

Lastly, if you're going to go the ASA route, let the OS mature for at least a nother general deployment release before you implement. The most current version is just full of bugs and annoyances.