Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: risk level associated with VPNs?

From: <rlmieth () arcol org>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:27:11 +0100

Dear Avishai,
        Though your scenario may add a level of security, in practice it may introduce certain inefficiencies in the
system which would prove unnecessary.  The reason for the VPN is to establish a trusted WAN link.  As IPS, IDS and log
analysis are necessary in both circumstances; it does not appear to make that much of an impact to call for such a
move.  I would be very interested in hearing other opinions as well.

Lindsay Mieth
AGS, LC.
Av. Morones Prieto #791 pte.
San Pedro, Garza García
66230 NL México
52 81 81149790 (tel/fax) / 52 81 80636252 (cel 1) / 52 81 12127982 (cel 2)