Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco VPN Client Behind a Cisco PIX or Router

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:01:28 -0400

First, the 515E that the VPN client connects to should probably have
'isakmp nat-traversal' set.  That might take care of it right there.
Also, if the PIX that the VPN client sits behind has a global NAT
assigned to 'interface outside', consider creating a separate NAT
address on the outside subnet for global NAT to use.  (This won't be
possible if you only have a single IP address available, like in a SOHO
/ residential setup.)

PaulM