Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "Robert L. Wanamaker" <bobw () avantsystems com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:06:46 -0500

Greetings.

I like Adiscon's WinSysLog, which runs as a service and sends data to your
choice of resting places: ODBC-compliant databases, text files, both; has
alerting, etc.  I prefer to setup a SQL/MSDE db, and send all syslog there.
Then, I can use my choice of query tools to get a view of my universe.
Don't be shy about playing around with indexing the resulting db to get
better performance.

Regards,

Bob