Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX to Router IPSec

From: "Shirley, David" <David.Shirley () team telstra com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:45:52 +1000

Hi Tony,

Not sure if anyone has helped you with this but my advise is as follows:

Forget about the router with the 2 public IP's - just so long as it will
permit IPSEC traffic through it to the PIX it will be fine.

Basically you are setting up a VPN tunnel from PIX to PIX - if you need
help with conf's check out cisco.com there are many PIX -> * VPN example
configs.

You can go PIX->router but you need to work out what is *best* for you -
ie who will be using the VPN? Clients behind the PIX or clients behind
the router? If it's clients behind the PIX I would terminate the VPN at
the PIX rather than the router!

Cheers
Dave

David Shirley
Telstra InterNetworking Solutions
INS Firewall Team
Phone: (03) 86615977
Mobile: 0417020119
Email: David.Shirley () team telstra com