Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VLAN Security

From: Mason <hr824 () sunwave net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:45:45 -0700

Anyone care to voice their consensus on contemporary
VLAN implementations as a security measure?

It's been probably a year since this topic was hashed out in detail, but if
you look back in the archives, you should be able to find the thread.  I
remember there being a link to a cisco article covering secure configuration
of VLANs which appeared to cover most of what this list considers best
practice.

I personally use VLANs a great deal for segregation of internal resources as
they are a great cost saving measure when you consider what you can get a 48
port 10/100 switch for these days, with an extra couple of gigE ports thrown
in.

Mason