Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Uploading config files to Pix 515

From: "Brandon Fetch" <getfetch1 () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:30:04 -0600

If this has been answered - I apologize.

I think you need to do the following:

If the configuration you have on the TFTP server is the one you want your
firewall to load on startup then type this:

copy tftp %parameters% startup-config
reload <enter>

Or, if you want the configuration on the TFTP server to be placed into
memory and be running as soon as the copy is finished, then type this:

Copy tftp %parameters% running-config

Remember, if you run the second command, if you reboot the firewall, that
TFTP'ed configuration is dropped for the startup-config.  So remember to do
a 'copy running-config startup-config' before logging out of the firewall.

HTH,
Brandon