Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Vlan's as effective security measures?

From: John Hall <jhall () ptavvs net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:55:03 -0800

I'm sorry, but most of my recent experience is with Extreme, Cisco 4xxx
and 65xx, and HP Procurve switches.  We don't have any of the switches
you list to experiment upon.

JMH

avraham shir-el (arthur sherman) wrote:

hi john,
do you know to what extent the problems you mention are relavent
for the ciso 2900xl, 3500xl and 2950 switches.
i'm aware of the config sec weaknesses on these switches, but not aware of
the extent to which the other issues are problems on these particular switches.
tnx
ams