Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Waning Security

From: Chuck Vose <vosechu () roman-fleuve com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:26:41 -0700

I'm sure at this point, with all the virtual shooting going on, the
original poster has been more than educated on "shoulda, coulda, woulda"
stuff.  I really hope he's not put off communicating with this community,
because we already have enough communication problems without all the
unhelpful shootings happening.  If the defensive community is to have a
hope of outdoing the attacker community, we're going to *have* to start
sharing potentially embarrassing information.  We're also going to have to
start blaming the attackers for attacking, not people on our side.

Paul

I'll stick around for a bit, for each negative reply in the list I got
at least one person emailing off list sharing experiences and helping me
calm down. I figure that's a pretty good ratio of nice to not nice
people.

Chuck