Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [OT] tcpdump parsing

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:29:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Damian Gerow wrote:

I've done some other digging, and have found out that about 99% of my dump
is between ports 25 and 32101.  Now I just have to figure out why/how people
are connecting to 32101, as a full port scan of the computer has turned up
nothing but the standard Windows ports listening, three different times.

You might want to look at the IE bugs that have recently been exploited,
assuming the machines are Win* based.  Checking browser caches and
histories may yield useful stuff, as will looking for mapped drive shares
(most Win* worms these days will do the share thing if they can.)

Since this has moved far and beyond the scope of the list, I'll refrain from
posting anything else.

No fair, we wanna know what it was!

Paul