Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Re: SMTP Proxies and Application Proxies for Lotus Domino

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:35:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Ben Nagy wrote:

Actually, though, the article linked from that page (including a snazzy
picture of Mr Steinberg) "Secure Remote Access to Domino" is a very good
overview, if you cover your ears and go 'la la la la' when you get to the
'airgap' bits.

I knew that phrase would cause problems, but since he directly met the
criteria of the original query, I let the message through- I'm going to
*not* let the "airgap" argument flare up (unless Mr. Steinberg *wants* to
take on all-comers, in which case he's entitled to the deathmatch that
ensues, I *know* there's a line, and I'll be standing in it.)

solution that does nothing but simple SMTP relay. Jeff - clearly you know
you should use a stripped open source box running qmail or postfix. Why not
pay a local place to paint something red? ;)

Some folks just can't deal with Open Source- they can get a commercial
Linux thing, or they can call Postfix the "IBM Secure Internet Mailer,"
which is my "FTP takes too many ports" for mail systems ;)

Paul