Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Advice on WAN/LAN Probes Feeding NFR IDS

From: Doctine <doctine27 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 04:26:02 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi all, would need to seek advice on the following
situation.

 I am trying to use NFR NIDs to monitor both WAN and
MPLS encoded traffic.

 Based on the current setup I would need to deploy
probes like NetScout' with Network Security Adaptor
with Security adaptor to tap into WAN traffic and to
pass the stripped content to the NFR NIDS for
analysis.

Is there any other prouduct on the market besides
Netscout that can do this?  Or any other solutions.

 Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Doctine