Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: linux firewall

From: Blaise St-Laurent <bstlaurent () okiok com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:42:33 -0400

I totally agree here, and i think you should look at what makes you think you want linux more then any other firewall.

That being said, i've had good luck with:

Astaro firewall (www.astaro.com)

Mandrake Simple Network Firewall (www.mandrakelinux.com)

Astaro is a more full featured firewall, but Mandrake'll get you up and running fast.

I personnally build a stripped down linux box and use shorewall (shorewall.sf.net) , but that's just me. There are plenty of tools for administering shorewall (it was used as the default firewall on a couple of distros, it may still be) it's easy to configure, fairly flexible, and actively developped.