Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform

From: Kevin Steves <stevesk () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:50:51 -0800

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:51:04AM +0100, Bojan Zdrnja wrote:
slightly off topic, is there any firewall besides checkpoint that uses
this 'industry standard' CVP? (last time I looked a couple years ago there
was not)

Yep, following list should support CVP. Mind that I didn't test them, but
Checkpoint FW-1 :)

Check Point FW-1 (you knew that already)
Nokia Firewall (Checkpoint on Nokia's hardware)
Digital AltaVista Firewall
Novell Bordermanager
TIS Gauntlet (I think NAI bought that)
Cyberguard Firewall

interesting.  http://www.opsec.com/solutions/sec_content_security.html
doesn't name any of those, but i guess it's only naming products
providing a content scanning capability using the CVP API.

has the CVP wire protocol ever been published?  it appears it might
be accesable only via the checkpoint SDK?

there's also this which was interesting:
http://www.realproject.be/pipermail/cybg/2002-February/000038.html
i can't seem to find "CVP Specification Version 6".