Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: secure ID token based authentication

From: ark () eltex ru
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:08:05 +0300

BTW is there a software server implementation that does not require
ACE server?

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 05:45:07PM -0500, Paul D. Robertson wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Prashant Desai wrote:

Hi

   is any body using the token based authentication
using secure ID and ACE server, i would like to
replace /etc/passwd based authentication of solaris
7,8,9 and few Redhat 7.x boxes with the secure ID
token based authetications ,along with the
authetication of cisco routers ,

 is this possible ? i search on google also checked
out the secure home page but didt got much info ,
kindly let me know is it possible or not or point me
some url having info on this

I've used it in the past for both Linux boxes and Cisco routers, generally
by setting up the ACE server as a RADIUS server, and using the PAM RADIUS
module, and pointing the routers at the RADIUS port on the ACE server.

Be aware that you'll have to wait one full minute between login to a
router and being able to use the "enable" command.

It works great though, at my last company, login to my Linux desktop was
via Secure-ID, and back when I had a desktop instead of a laptop for my
primary machine at TruSecure, it was set up the same way.

It generally takes about five minutes to find the PAM module for RADIUS.
I don't know if it'll compile and run with Solaris PAM as well, but I'd be
surprised if it didn't.

--