Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Nortel Contivity Firewall

From: "Tim Chettle" <tim.chettle () orange net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:55:30 -0800

I have two Contivities that I am trying to set up to build a VPN tunnel
between two sites over the internet and am struggling somewhat

Site B has a Contivity 1700 located in a DMZ on a Checkpoint Firewall1
Site A has a Contivity 1700 operating as both a Firewall and a VPN device

We can create the Tunnell from site A to Site B but not the other way around

My rule on Site B's device is to allow IKE and IPSEC into the network
located on the private Network which i think is wrong I think that they
should be allowed onto the Device itself however i am confused as to what
that object actually is.

is it the Private address the Public One or the managment address

Thanks