Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX DMZ inter-access via outside IP address

From: "Keith Anderson" <keith () purescience com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:41:09 -0700

AS a follow-up, the problem ended up being a routing issue.  Packets
destined to the outside interface would get ignored by the router because
they were assumed to be destined for a device on that domain.  The solution
was to use non-Internet routable addresses between the PIX and the router.
Now that it has a different IP class, the router redirects those packets
back to the PIX, and communication using the Internet addresses works on all
interfaces.

Seems obvious now that it was pointed out to me.  More evidence that I need
a vacation.

I'll post the configs if anyone wants to see the finished product.

THE KILLER PROBLEM: The two servers in the DMZ CAN NOT access
each other
using their public Internet addresses.  They can use their
192.168 addresses
just fine, but not their public addresses.