Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

How AAA in PIX Firewall ?

From: Adel Guia Cruz <aguia () fifomi gob mx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:45:12 -0600

I need to implement a Firewall, VPN and IDS solution in my Central Office
network. The network structure  is one Central Office with 150 nodes (50
nodes need Internet access) and 15 Remote Small Office with 5 node peer
Remote Office.

The Central Office have only one internet connection HDSL 256Kbps and the
remote office are connected to Central Office thought Internet.

I think that Cisco PIX Firewall is a good choice but I need some advise:

1-     How to implement AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accounting) in
PIX firewall. I now that Cisco have the "Cisco Secure Access Control Server"
for AAA but is very expensive. Is possible to implement AAA without "Cisco
Secure ACS" in PIX firewall, if is possible what will bee the limitations ?
2-     Is PIX 506 sufficient to me, or I need the next PIX 515-UR? I need at
less 75 concurrent VPN   connections.

Thanks