Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: commercial va

From: "Kalat, Andrew (ISS Atlanta)" <akalat () iss net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:10:19 -0400

Hey gang,

Hi Simon
I did hear that ISS Internet Scanner doesn't scan where the
host is unresponsive to pings, I haven't used the tool to
verify this, but I'm sure I'll be flamed if it's not correct.

Nah, not true. There is a specific option to say whether or not to scan
hosts that don't reply to the ping sweep.

Note: Comments are my own, yadda, yadda.

Andrew J. Kalat,                | Direct:(404)236-2713
MSS Infrastructure Supervisor   | Main:  (404)236-2600
Internet Security Systems, Inc. | E-Mail: akalat () iss net
6303 Barfield Road                | <http://www.iss.net/>
Atlanta, GA 30328                         | PGP key available.