Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FW: NetScreen Issue

From: gillis () studentclearinghouse org (Robert Gillis)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:09:36 -0400

Hope someone can help me - I am kind of stuck and unsure how to move
forward on this issue.

Situation is as follows:

Have a NetSceen 100 - use Netscreen remote software to connect to VPN
via dialup.

VPN works like a charm, can browse internal network - do everything else
with no issues.

Turn off the VPN, disconnect the dial-up.  Plug in the LAN cable - it
goes to a router connected to a DSL line - static IP.  LAN now active,
can browse internet fine.

Activate VPN - does not work.  Nothing gets logged as if there was an
error.  But I cannot ping any internal addresses which I could on
dialup.

I have looked at the setting extensively, as well as Netscreen technical
support - but I can't find any clues as to where to look.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Gillis
Systems Administrator