Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: httport 3snf

From: Duncan <drsharp () pacbell net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:08:59 -0700

Al Potter wrote:

Robert:

rmartin () fishburne org said:
This is a military School for 8-12 graders.. The key here is
disipline.

I've been lurking quietly on this thread for a few days, waiting for you
to weigh back in as you have here.  I strongly suspected what you say
above to be the case.

<SNIP>

In short:

        - Write a policy

        - Get senior administrative support or rewrite for that support.

        - Brief and educate your users on the issues, ethics and the policy
        - Empower the supervisors to monitor compliance and enforce the policy

The Firewall only helps with the last one.

    And then; you should not even have to block all (IM, AIM, ....) access, only
monitor
    access for those that are not in compliance with the policy.

Yours,
duncan sharp

Hope this helps....

AL
--
| Al Potter                                                              |
| Manager, Network Security Labs                                         |

   Part 1.2Type: application/pgp-signature

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.