Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Utilization

From: black () galaxy silvren com
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:18:41 -0400 (EDT)

Nokia IP650 with 256mb mem, 4 port 10/100 nic

Deals with an average of 5-6mbps of traffic during the day (7am-6pm)
CPU utilization is sitting at about 60% right now, but it fluctuates
rather wildly depending on what's going on. Currently I'm getting scanned
and it's also cranking out about about 400 log entries/sec.

Under the same network load when I'm not being scanned, CPU usually sits
at about 20%.

Running Checkpoint 4.1SP3