Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FWTK and smap/smapd

From: David Lang <david.lang () digitalinsight com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:03:42 -0700 (PDT)

the problem is that smap/smapd predate spam and so if installed without
patches will result in an open relay (since when sendmail is called to
deliver the emssage it will always see it as origionating from the
firewall.

there are patches to add anti-relay (and other anti-spam) features to
smap/smapd. I haven't used them so I can't comment on them (since we
appear to be out of the days of sendmail bug-of-the-day it's no longer
suicide to run sendmail, postfix, or qmail as your gateway, so I use one
of them instead)

David Lang