Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: "Terry Bertrand" <tfbsr () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:21:01 -0500

actually I am allowing DNS access to the router..I can ping domain names and IP addresses....

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
To: Terry Bertrand <tfbsr () hotmail com>
CC: dufresne () sysinfo com, firewall-wizards () nfr com
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:11:59 -0500

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:16:42AM -0500, Terry Bertrand wrote:
> yes..here is the error I get back for outlook express
>
> ......The host 'mail' could not be found. Please verify that you have
> entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail', Server: 'mail',
> Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0D...

Ah.  You forgot to let DNS through your router.  Or so it appears.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () center osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support                                     EMT-B

Terry