Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Checkpoint FW1

From: <damiank () anobi-asp com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:05:18 -0600

I recently setup an IKE VPN between a FW1 and a Netscreen 5.  No problems.
The Netscreen is going to a location where it will have a Dynamic IP instead
of a static one.  In the Netscreen Object General Tab on the FW1, I set the
IP address to 0.0.0.0.  Is this the right thing todo?  I know that in
IKE -Dynamic Peer, you use the name instead of IP to identify for phase 1
negotiation.  I set the local name on the netscreen to the peername on the
FW1, which should work, but, I keep getting:

IKE:  Aggressive Mode Sent Notification:  Invalid id information

Any clues?  Thanks.

Damian