Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Iptables doesn't block SYN-FIN packets?

From: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <naif () sikurezza org>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:44:06 +0100

I wrote down some rules to block commonly used port-scanning technique.
The rules are below:

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL FIN,URG,PSH -j LOG \
           --log-prefix "NMAP-XMAS SCAN:" --log-tcp-options --log-ip-options

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL NONE -j LOG \
           --log-prefix "NMAP-NULL SCAN:" --log-tcp-options --log-ip-options

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN,RST -j LOG \
           --log-prefix "SYN/RST SCAN:" --log-tcp-options --log-ip-options

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,FIN SYN,FIN -j LOG \
           --log-prefix "SYN/FIN SCAN:" --log-tcp-options --log-ip-options

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL FIN,URG,PSH -j DROP
$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL NONE -j DROP
$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN,RST -j DROP
$IPTABLES -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,FIN SYN,FIN -j DROP

Regards

--
Fabio Pietrosanti ( naif )
E-mail: naif () sikurezza org - naif () blackhats it