Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Perhaps sunscreen, maybe IP Filter...

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:28:44 -0500 (EST)

Please reply to me directly, and I'll gladly summarize for the list after
a week or so:

I know folks have asked many times about  their experiences with
sunscreen, and I hate to ask again, but, I'm going to walk that path once
again for my employer.  We have a platinum contract for support with Sun,
so there is some leaning in the sunscreen direction, due to the support
we'd get on our Sun systems.  Can folks send me their experiences, both
good and particularly bad, with sunscreen and any cross platform abilities
they have discovered with the product?

Some of us are trying to direct attention towards IP Filter as a way to
maintain something accross platforms and with a fairly good degree of
similar configuration and maintainance across Sun, AIX and HP systems we
maintain here.

Thanks muchly in advance for your replies,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!